Today I saw a Buddhist monk in his robes cracking himself up taking selfies with a cardboard cut out of the Pope. I’ve seen world peace, and it thinks it’s hilarious.
People always make Juliet out to be dumb in Romeo and Juliet, but I think she at least had some sense where Romeo didn't have much of any
- I was thinking about this chick earlier who I said I was in love with but now I love that girl over there that is very likely to either belong to my family's enemy or be close with my family's enemy as it is their party I am crashing
- I do not like being so young and forced into a relationship with an older man, but oh there's a cute guy more my age over there. And since he's here he must have been invited and is there for a reasonable love match for myself
- We should kiss right now at this party
- No that is a super dumb idea
- *kisses her anyway*
- That was dumb of you
- We should get married right now
- We don't know each other. Shouldn't we wait until at least a little time has passed?
- Like tomorrow?
- Sure, fine.
- We're married now, so we have to try and make things better between our families.
- It seems I have killed your cousin and am now exiled.
- Ok so since Romeo fucked up I'm gonna fix this shit by taking a harmless sleeping liquid. He'll come and get me and we can go away together.
- *immediately kills himself*
- For fucks sake.
Which of you bitches wants to dance/anyone on Ello yet? Add me I’m lonely. http://ello.co/raphaelkabo
“If you’re dating a writer and they don’t write about you — whether it’s good or bad — then they don’t love you. They just don’t. Writers fall in love with the people we find inspiring.”
— Jamie Anne Royce (via imraardeen)
What absolute, facile bullshit.
If someone loves you, you’re in their thoughts. Yes, you inspire them. If a house painter loved you, would you expect your face in the walls they paint? If an accountant loved you, would you expect them to calculate the shape of your smile into their nightly reports? If a soldier loved you, would you want them to think of you during that final, quiet moment that they take a life?
Writers are not magical unicorns. They are not snowflakes, they are not gods. Just like the house painter, the accountant and the soldier, they are people. And sometimes they write. It doesn’t have to ever be about you. It doesn’t have to ever be about anything.
Saying otherwise is to worship writers above all the strange beautiful rest of humanity. It’s saying that to be a writer, you have to be extraordinary.
To be a writer, you have to be a house painter, an accountant, a soldier, or just a writer; you can be in love, not in love, you can be anybody at all, as long as you have a pencil, paper, and a human life.
Never trust a man who howls at you like a wolf
without treating you like the moon.